Live Online Events
progeCAD 2010 Release Event - February 4th, 2010
Live Blog Event November 30th, 2009
ProgeCAD 2009 Smart! 184.108.40.206
Portland, OR, USA �" November 5, 2009 �" iCADsales.com has announced that those purchasing progeCAD 2009 Professional will receive a free upgrade to the next release, progeCAD 2010 Professional, coming soon.
iCADsales.com has announced that those purchasing progeCAD 2009 Professional will receive a free upgrade to the next release, progeCAD 2010 Professional, coming soon.
- Great New Features -
Some of the features of progeCAD 2010 Professional will include read/write and create DWG 2010 drawings and new improved Adobe PDF printing, which wil take advantage of the PDF layering capabilities designed for CAD. Other compelling features included in the upcoming release are described on www.icadsales.com
- Upgrades offered with Discounts -
To celebrate this milestone release, iCADsales.com is offering upgrades from progeCAD 2009 Professional to the new release for its customers at 2009 Pro pricing, and an additional 10% discount.
- 50% Off Discounts for Selected Products -
Both New Customers, and those who already own licenses of progeCAD Professional, can take advantage of special 50% discounts on progeCAD companion products available when they purchase either new licenses of progeCAD, or place a pre-order for the 2010 upgrade before it is released.
- Updates and Upgrades -
As always, progeSOFT gives its clients free updates to minor releases through a notification system built into the software. progeSOFT only charges an upgrade fee when changing major versions, such as moving from progeCAD 2009 to progeCAD 2010. The software will continue to function normally regardless of the users decision to upgrade or not.
- Compatible with Windows 7 -
progeCAD 2010 Professional has been designed to be compatible with the new Windows 7 Operating system from Microsoft. Users planning to migrate to the new operating system are encouraged to upgrade to progeCAD 2010 Professional soon to ensure compatibility and secure progeCAD 2009 Pricing on their upgrade to progeCAD 2010 Professional. Those with older operating system will not suffer from any issues due to the new release running on the new Windows 7.
- Industry Specific Add-on Products -
iCADsales.com also offers the progeBILLD series, architectural building services design software add-ons, progeEARTH, a civil survey design software add-on, and the progeCAD Viewer DWG, which allows viewing, markup, and printing of DWG files. 30-day evaluations of these products are available for free download on our website.
- About progeCAD -
progeCAD is CAD software highly compatible with industry standards, such as AutoCAD Drawings (DWG) v2.5 through 2009, “AutoCAD Like” menus and commands, SHX and TrueType fonts, AutoLISP, AutoCAD blocks, etc. progeCAD 2009 Professional offers near 10,000 blocks and symbols, 3D ACIS solid modeling, advanced rendering with materials, raster vector hybrid image editing and other tools specific to progeCAD. Sold at a fraction of the cost of most AutoCAD software, progeCAD Professional, powered by IntelliCAD, is a logical choice for drafters, designers, engineers, architects, anyone needing AutoCAD compatible software at 1/10th the cost of other CAD software. Industry specific applications are also available for architectural design (progeARCH), Civil Survey (progeEARTH) and AutoCAD drawing review, markup, and plotting (progeCAD Viewer DWG).
iCADSales.com (http://www.icadsales.com), the largest progeCAD reseller worldwide, offers progeCAD shipping with several different options including NLM Network, USB Mobile, and affordable Site Licensing. progeCAD Add-on products in land design, architecture and mechanical are also available. Download the Free Full 30 day trial versions of our software when you visit our website at www.icadsales.com.
progeCAD is either a registered trademark or trademark of ProgeSOFT, in the USA and/or other countries. progeADD-on, progeBILLD, progeEARTH, progeOFFICE, progeTABLE, progeDATA, progeWORD are registered trademarks or trademarks of progeSOFT North America in the USA and/or other countries. IntelliCAD is a registered trademark or trademark of the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium in the USA and/or other countries. AutoCAD, and AutoLISP are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders.
12042 SE Sunnyside Rd.
Clackamas, OR 97015
Free 30-day trial of progeCAD 2009 Professional: Click Here to download...
Related articles by Zemanta
* progeCAD 2009 Professional IntelliCAD | WareShare.org (windows.wareshare.org)
Portland, Oregon, USA �" September 22, 2009 �" iCADsales.com (http://www.icadsales.com) announced today the availability of the HVAC - Plumbing Design software solution called progeBILLD HVAC/Plumb, running on progeCAD 2009 Professional. The progeBILLD series is a lineup of progeADD-ons for building services, providing modules for Electrical, HVAC/Plumbing, and Mechanical/Structural.
An Additional Module, progeBILLD Base, an Architectural application to allow the designer to easily populate their drawings with architectural elements such as walls, doors, windows, furniture symbols, etc. will be released soon.
ProgeBILLD HVAC/PLUMB contains numerous libraries of standardized elements, conforming to DIN, EN, ISO and other standards. Ready-to-use objects and commands automate the creation of details, schematics, and multi-view drawings.
Here is a small subset of some of the features of progeBILLD HVAC/Plumb...
Design all kinds of installation types (HVAC, water-supply-and-sewage, medical, cooling installation, gas fittings and any technological installations in industry and architecture).
You can create any kind of pipe as needed.
Complete library of standard HVAC objects and symbols based on DIN, EN, ISO and national standards. You can also create customized objects. An import-function is available for objects of other providers.
Drawing of isometric views with the ability to insert symbols in different views. Automatically transform all symbols (incl. user-symbols) to an isometric view
Design installations with automatic insertion of suitable fittings.
Automatically join pipes and air ducts. Automatically insert elbows, T-parts, reducers etc.
Extended set of objects based on standards and catalogs of prestigious producers. A lot of 3D objects are available in the manufacturers library
Numbering system and object description, specifying all technical data
Automatically create legends and descriptions.
Automatically create specifications with export possibility to PDF, XLS, XLM, CSV, HTML, RTF and more.
iCADsales.com offers each module of the progeBILLD series as separate add-ons or the bundle can be purchased as one. Applications for Civil Survey, CNC CAM, and general productivity tools are also available. 30-day trial software including progeCAD 2009 Professional to power the progeADD-on applications is available on our website at www.icadsales.com/index.pl/Download.
iCADSales.com (http://www.icadsales.com), the largest progeCAD reseller worldwide, offers progeCAD shipping with several different options including NLM Network, USB Mobile, and affordable Site Licensing. progeCAD Add-on products in land design, architecture and mechanical are also available. Download the Free Full 30 day trial versions of our software when you visit our website.
progeCAD is either a registered trademark or trademark of ProgeSOFT, in the USA and/or other countries. progeADD-on, progeBILLD, progeEARTH, progeOFFICE, progeTABLE, progeDATA, progeWORD are registered trademarks or trademarks of progeSOFT North America in the USA and/or other countries. IntelliCAD is a registered trademark or trademark of the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium in the USA and/or other countries. AutoCAD, and AutoLISP are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders
12042 SE Sunnyside Rd.
Clackamas, OR 97015
The UCS can be a tricky concept. It has always been explained using the "left hand" rule whereby if you put your left hand up with your index finger pointing to the sky, your thumb pointing right, and middle finger pointing straight out away from you it is essentially making a UCS and establishing the three dimensions you can work in through progeCAD. (the drawing to the right shows a right hand, which is opposite from the UCS icon built into progeCAD, but nonetheless serves as an example of the left hand rule in practice)
So if you are looking at a plan view of a drawing point your hand straight up with your index finger pointing towards the sky. The easiest method of changing and setting the UCS is by using the UCS command options such as x, y, z, to rotate the ucs into the view that you need.
* If you ever get lost in 3D space or you're not sure which orientation your UCS is in, just return to the World Co-ordinate system and use the Plan command.
* Always look at the UCS icon to check whether you are in a UCS or in WCS.
* Remember, the commands you use will always operate relative to the current UCS.
* Remember, the UCSfollow setting does not control the movement of the UCS but the movement of the view when you change to a different UCS.
* A good idea for those working in specific planes of reference is to create a template drawing with the UCS already established in the planes you will be working in by naming the UCS and saving them into the template. You can use the template over and over again by simply referring to the UCS name already set in the drawing.
* When you are in your active drawing, Always save a UCS if you need to return to it in the future. It might be a good idea to also update your template drawing with this new named UCS so it will be available in the future.
* Always be clear in your mind about which are your X, Y and Z axes.
* Use the UCSICON command with the ORigin option to force the icon to appear at the UCS origin point. This can be very useful when the drawing gets complicated because it may be difficult to see where your UCS plane is.
* If you want to quickly set the UCS to an elevation (relative to WCS) just use one of the presets available from the DDUCSP command dialog box.
* The UCS Orientation dialogue box allows you to set the UCS to View, Previous and World.
Toolbar Preset UCS
Pull-down ToolsUCSPreset UCS…
* When you are setting a new UCS it is often easier to do it when looking at your drawing in an axonometric view. Use the DDVPOINT command (View3D ViewpointSelect… from the Pull-down menu) to get a clear view of your drawing.
* Use the SHADE command (ViewShadeoptions from the Pull-down menu) to see 3D objects more clearly. 3D objects in wireline can look ambiguous.
* Always end your drawing session with the UCS set to World. This avoids confusion next time the drawing is opened.
* When using commands like DDVPOINT and DDUCSP, make sure that the option "Absolute to WCS" is checked otherwise the results can be very confusing.
* If you find working in 3D confusing you can always construct a simple 3D box around your work as a visual reference. It is also a good idea to use a box as a constructional guide for complex shapes.
Hope that helps! See our progeWIKI for progeCAD commands and developers reference. You can use the search function to quickly find what you need and if you have additional information to add you can turn on the editing to add your comments to help improve the experience for others...