Calculating distances and angles
You can calculate the distance between any two points you select. The following information is displayed:
- The distance between the points, measured in drawing units.
- Their angle in the xy plane.
- Their angle measured from the xy plane.
- The change (delta) in the x, y, and z distances between the two points.
To calculate the distance between two points and their angle
- Do one of the following:
Specify the first point.
Specify the second point.
- Choose Tools > Inquiry > Distance.
- On the Inquiry toolbar, click the Distance tool ().
- Type distance and then press Enter.
The following type of information is displayed:
Distance = 13.2850, Angle in XY Plane = 31?, Angle from XY Plane = 0?
Delta X = 11.3878, Delta Y = 6.8418, Delta Z = 0.0000
Use the Distance command to calculate the distance (A) between two points (B and C), the angle in the xy plane (D), the angle from the xy plane, and the delta x (E), delta y (F), and delta z distances between the two points.
TIP To use specific points on selected entities, use entity snaps to select the precise points on the entities.