Home  >  Support  >  progeCAD Questions
become a progeCAD superstar, earn points giving your friends CAD answers!

How do you place text along an arc?

I am trying to place text along an arc, is this possible?
I have searched the manuals and help file for this but had no luck. I don't recall if AutoCAD did this or not either (its been a while since I last used AutoCAD, R13).

asked 3 years ago in progeCAD by Rick Simper / Level: Smart End of the Tape Measure (38 points)

1 Answer

0 like 0 dislike
It used to be in the bonus toolbar. Check the toolbar or menu that is close to the far right of the menus. There should be a few items in there that are non standard and seemingly not belonging to each other. I believe one of these is text along arc...
answered 3 years ago by Scott H / Level: Engineering Manager (5,713 points)
I assume you are referring to the Express menu which does have additional text tools but not the along arc. I did some research online and found that AutoCAD has that menu as well and the text along  arc is in there (AutoCAD LT doesn't have it, which is part of the cost difference). However, I am not seeing it in ProgeCAD. You seem to believe that it does exist. Could it be my version of ProgeCAD doesn't have it? My version is 7.2[].
It may be that it was removed during one of the upgrades for some reason. I'll check with the main office and you may want to do a search for an autolisp routine to do the same. There should be something out there somewhere for little or more likely no cost.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Related questions